Monday, September 3, 2012

My letter to the President.

Dear Mr. President:

I voted for you in 2008.  I will not vote for you again.  Here are the reasons why:

You have decided not to close Gitmo Indefinite Detention Center.

You have a kill list that may include US citizens.  Even if it doesn't include citizens, the disregard for due process is alarming.  Shouldn't these people be brought to justice rather than be assassinated in acts of terror?

You kill people in Pakistan and Afghanistan without due process using drones.  Often times, you do "secondary strikes" against first responders and family you come to render aid to those tried to help the wounded.  Women and children civilians are often killed as collateral damage. 

Instead of using political means to end the crisis in Syria, your State Department has been throwing gasoline on the fire.  Some parts of the resistance, and the Syrian Government have asked for political resolutions, but you decided to exclude that part of the resistance in your decision to advance the bloodshed in Syria.

Maybe if these sort of things changed I might vote differently, though I doubt it.  As a moral person, I can't in good consciousness vote for you.

Damien Mathew.

As usual, I'm sure there are typos.  I don't really care, to be honest. I have brain damage, what's the President's excuse?

2 comments:

  1. Howdy. So, we can talk honestly here, right? I hear what you are saying, and I will point out for the billionth time that he was only my third choice in the last election. But, really? RMoney is pushing for war with Iran. Period. He (says he) supports Israeli interests 100%. I am NOT anti-Semetic-- I could not give a bigger shit about someone's religion unless they are sacrificing goats--but the Israeli state is belligerent. Additionally, RMoney is getting 'foreign policy advice' by the old neo-cons who pushed GW into two wars.

    Now, neither choice is great. And I think you have decided to hold your nose and vote. But so many people say similar things, and I just wish they would play the stupid game and look at who would be worse.

    By the way, the last line KILLED. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, there are only two likely outcomes from the election. I've decided to vote for Obama, only because I prefer that scenario over the other. if I weren't in a swing state, I could vote my conscious.

    ReplyDelete